Saturday 7 January 2017

Character Interview with Jonathan from "Enden" by David Kummer

Hi, Jonathan. Tell us a little about yourself? Where do you come from?

I grew up in a small village, with my dad and brother. We were just a couple of miles away from the nearest town, but when the barbarians came and attacked we had to fight. I ended up on my own after that, and if not for the kind knight who discovered me I would probably have died.

Tell us a little about your home, what are your feelings towards home?

My home wasn't always a happy place, because there was lots of arguing between the three of us. My brother, Emmett, was always getting on my nerves, and I disagreed with my father about many things. But even still, I miss it, and I know how good I had everything before.

What motivates you along your journey?

Lots of people have asked me what motivates me to fight, and to go on these war conquests. Ultimately, it comes down to fighting for others. The only way to protect them is to fight for them, so that's what I do to the best of my ability.

How do you see yourself in relation to the rest of the world?

The world is a terrible and cold place, and it seems like all of us are just trying to survive. It's always battles or wars or famine, and so many people have died. But we fight on, and we survive under all of the tyranny and nature that tries to kill us.

What is most important to you in this world?

My friends are the most important, since I no longer have family. There are a few people in particular, but I fight for those poor and dying people who can't defend themselves.

What characteristics do you consider important in a person? What kind of people do you try to

surround yourself with?

I surround myself with people similar to me, but also some that are more even-tempered. They help me to stay level and not get out of control, which can happen.

What do you see for yourself in the future? Where will you be? What kind of person do you

want to become?

I want to make the world a more fair and safe place, and to live out the end of my life in peace and comfort. I don't have any desire to be a king or nobility, as some have asked me. I want more to end quietly and with the people I care about.

Is there a love interest for you back home?

No, not right now. I don't care much about that, and love is only likely to hurt because one of us may die.

How many near-death experiences have you had so far?

Um... a lot. I'm gonna say about 10. It's kind of a weekly thing.

What do you think about war?

It's necessary at times, but only to disperse with evil. I hate war, and those who dream about it don't understand it.

What's your biggest regret?

My brother dying. I don't know if I could have helped him or not, but I just regret losing him.

At the end of the day, who are you really?

I'm one of the people. I'm a normal solider. But I'm also a leader in the Wars of Enden.

No comments:

Post a Comment